Friday, February 22, 2013

In the Spotlight: Heather Cognito, Membership Director

This is our second installment of "In the Spotlight," part of our series in educating each of you about our Chamber staff!  This week we will feature the Chamber's Membership Director, Heather Cognito.  

Here are a few questions we asked her:

1.) Where did you grow up?  And how did you find yourself working at the Chamber?
I grew up in Southern California.  Close to a perfect childhood between the orange groves, the beach, snow skiing in the winter and glorious sunshine.

During my 10 years at Ripley's Believe It or Not! I was involved with the Branson Chamber & Table Rock Lake Chamber and Branson Believers and found that community based work was my passion.  So I jumped at the opportunity when the membership position opened up!

2.) What do you love the most about the Lake region?
The people without a doubt!  Then of course the beauty of this area.

3.) What do you enjoy most about your job?  
Now you have me on my soap box!  Our chamber members!  They are the best! 
Our mission statement says it all: To promote business and success and quality of life by being a leader in economic and community development in the Table Rock Lake area.  I love having the privilege of working within the lake communities to help promote and grow member's businesses and the Table Rock Lake area.  I rarely think of what I do as a job.

4.) Tell us something interesting about yourself that noone else knows about!
I was raised in the city but became a farmer/rancher and love it!  We have a family farm and have a cow/calf operation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment